Helping You Protect Your Children

tulsa divorce lawyerYou love your children.  Above all else, you will protect your children.  The good news is, local law makers understand this.  They understand you love your children and and they want to protect your children as well.  As a result, laws have been passed which are designed to help you protect your children from the ugliness of divorce.  Keep in mind, these laws do create some additional steps.  The additional steps are helpful regardless of whether you hire a Tulsa Divorce Lawyer or not.

Educational Classes

First of all, you will need to complete the Parenting Plan Conference.  ‘Parenting Plan Conference’ is the term used in Tulsa County District Court.  ‘Family Orientation’ is the term used in Wagoner County District Court.  Regardless of the term used, this step is basically the same no matter which county your divorce is filed in.

During this step the Judge will provide helpful information to you and your spouse.    Also, the Judge will explain to you and your spouse the importance of shielding your children from the ugliness of divorce.

Further, the Judge will encourage you and your spouse to negotiate a settlement. Likely once finished, you and your spouse will have an opportunity to schedule the second class.  The second class is described in detail below.

Secondly, you and your spouse will complete a class.  The class is called Helping Children Cope with Divorce.  Helping Children Cope occurs on Saturday mornings and it usually lasts three (3) to four (4) hours.  You will likely have to pay $50.00 to enroll.  You can enroll in the class by contacting Family and Children Services.  The Family and Children Services’ website is  Their phone number is (918) 587-9471.

Making The Adjustment

Lastly, local law makers have adopted a law which is designed to help your children adjust.  Admittedly, children need time to make the adjustment from living in a two parent, married home to now living in two, single parent homes.  For that reason, local law makers require you to complete the two steps above and wait three months before finalizing the Divorce Decree.  Keep in mind, the purpose of the three month rule is to help give your children time to make the adjustment.

Speak With A Tulsa Divorce Lawyer

Further, if you need to file for divorce, you are welcome to contact Tulsa Divorce Lawyer Matt Ingham.  Mr. Ingham and his office staff focus entirely on family law.  Also, they focus almost entirely on Tulsa County Cases.

Finally, if you are reading this web page and want to gather more information, you can visit the other web pages on this website.  Also, you can contact Bulldog Divorce in order to schedule a consultation.  Lastly, if we are unable to help you, Mr. Ingham will likely be able to refer you to another Tulsa Divorce Lawyer who can help.

(918) 591-2566